Monday, October 10, 2011

A pretty good day

Hello today I am going to be blogging about my day with Nonna (grandmother).  I woke up and had a very slow morning.  I sat around not doing much for a few hours.   In the afternoon, Nonna and I went on a really neat trail.  The trail went around a huge lake.  There were many bridges over troubling water.  There were lots of ducks (mostly mallards).  There were also swans and geese.  And we saw a great blue crane.  I think we learned something from the ducks because ducks share the lake.  I thought it would be really good if society was that way.   "Maybe ducks will teach us something," I said.  Then I said, "maybe the world will be changed by ducks."  Speaking of ducks, I don't think it is very good to feed the ducks bread crumbs because it is not in their natural diet.  The ducks get really vocal with their feathered friends. 
I remember a long time ago when the Canadian geese used to make their odd sound and I would say, "Stop laughing at me."  


We didn't just see ducks, swans and geese...Oh no, we also saw a large variety of fish in varying sizes.  We mostly saw the fish in shallow to shallowish deepish water.  When it got really deep, you know how lakes are, the water got darker.  When the ducks swam around in the shallow area, they kicked up a thick cloud of silt from the lake floor.  Sometimes it was like a trail following them.  It was a funny sight.


We also saw a turtle.  No it wasn't a small one nor was it a large one, just an in-between size turtle.   I was surprised that we saw at least "a" turtle due to the weather.  We also saw small sandpiper-like birds scurrying on the edge of the water.  On the rest of our hike it got later and later in the day.  So we had to walk faster a.k.a. power walk.  When we power walked, our knees got tired and our ankles began to ache.  We kept hoping we would get to the end, but all we did was go around another bend and another and another.  Finally we got past the bends to our destination.  


After a quick glass of water and an apple for a snack we drove my sister to a class.  We had to do stuff for an hour until class was over.  We decided we would.....go to the store and pick up a pair of earbuds for my sister and a new pair of shoes for me.  Next.....we went to the grocery store because we were still quite hungry.  We were looking for a delicious healthy snack.  After quite a long time of thinking and walking through aisles, we made up our minds and chose to get.....PISTACHIOS!  We went back to Nonna's,  and then I decided to work on my blog.  Now Nonna says it is time we went to bed and rested our weary bones.

1 comment: